Sunken Gambling Ship Reappears 80 Years Later Off Coronado






Sunken Gambling Ship Reappears 80 Years Later Off Coronado. El Nino removed the sand covering a shipwreck off the coast of Coronado California. The ship that was once used for gambling and prostitution ran aground during a storm back in 1937. CW6’s Gary Buzel waded out to the wreck to get up close and personal. “It’s pretty amazing! I’ve lived here all my life and I’ve been to this beach many times and I had no idea it was here,” said Jill Raschke. “Oh my gosh it’s the shape of a ship! It’s pretty awesome.” “I knew this was my only chance to see a shipwreck!” said Aimy Smith of Chula Vista. To understand what you see, we need to go back to the 1930s. Coronado and the rest of America were emerging out of Prohibition in the 1930s.
Share on Google Plus

About Sakwala Author

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment